Mortgage Loan Processor
|Jun. 10, 2013 - Jul. 10, 2013|
|Department:||TruWest Credit Union|
|Description:||The position is responsible for processing first mortgage loan applications from inception through loan approval and closing--following current FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, guidelines. Responsible to ensure credit union position is protected by proper and timely execution of documents and documentation this individual is responsible for maintaining mortgage originators, secondary market lenders and business partner relations, special promotions and seminars/fairs with members and mortgage originators, secondary market lenders and business partner with whom we have relationships. Maintain awareness within the mortgage industry to advice manager of market conditions unique to the market. Must be able to prioritize workload and work independently. Must be knowledgeable about the credit unionís products and services in order to identify cross-selling opportunities, which will benefit the member.|
|Duties:||1. Provide additional support to fellow employees and manager as needed.|
2. Required processing approximately 40-50 loans per month while maintaining accuracy and timelines and selected partner relationships.
3. Professional interactions with employees, members, departments, and business associates.
4. Performance in accordance with credit union established policies and procedures.
5. Demonstrates flexibility with changes in workplace, daily work schedule, and coworkers.
6. Works with management to achieve credit union goals.
7. Timely communications with Assistant Manager or Vice President of Mortgages.
8. Accuracy in evaluating title reports and recognizing proper action to secure desired position lien.
9. Accuracy in analyzing property values based on comparable sales or appraisal provided by credit union approved vendors and/or software programs.
10. Accuracy in obtaining all required documents and signatures at closings.
11. Maintain knowledge of marketplace programs and rates for mortgage loans and related products.
12. Identify cross selling products that meet member needs.
13. Provides accurate tracking, follow up and processing for mortgage loans.
14. Ultimately responsible for timely and accurate document control logs ensuring various tracking needs for mortgage loans are met at all times.
15. Provides accurate tracking, follow up and processing for HMDA.
16. Assist with other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Education: High School Diploma |
Experience: Requires an individual with at least three years of first mortgage lending experience, which includes sales and loan production experience or has demonstrated the ability to meet the minimum job requirements of this position. Efficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Individual must have good oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must be capable of making decisions within the scope of responsibility, while working with members, outside vendors and fellow employees. Must maintain a current knowledge of secondary lender and TruWest requirements and guidelines to insure time deadlines and members needs are met efficiently and accurately. Operate the First Mortgage computer system with efficiency and accuracy. Current knowledge of FHMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and TruWest guidelines. Basic understanding of other credit union product features and benefits. Must be knowledgeable of TruWest 1st mortgage options to work with member to identify the best program for them.
| Email Job to a Friend!|