Consumer Loan Specialist
|Aug. 03, 2015 - Dec. 17, 2018|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Role: Work with loan officers, members, underwriters and vendors to process and prepare small business and all types of consumer loans for closing. Perfect collateral liens for small business and consumer loans. |
Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that applicable disclosures are provided within the required time frame.
• Clear underwriting conditions; verify that conditions and/or stipulations are met.
• Obtain and verify borrower information and documentation (employment, income, financial obligations, etc).
• Review all supporting documentation for accuracy and compliance.
• Order and review appraisals, flood determinations, title commitments and other services from third party vendors.
• Prepare loan packages for closing in person as well as electronically. Coordinate settlement dates and disburse funds.
• Set up credit files for commercial, consumer, real estate loans, and collateral files when loan has closed.
• Review vehicle and home equity lien perfection documents.
• Contact members, dealers, counties/states and other financial institutions to resolve paperwork errors.
• File, track, store and release titles and deeds.
• Complete and finalize all Lending Services service requests.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Provides knowledgeable, accurate, and personalized service with a positive attitude to all members both internal and external. Has an intricate understanding of Credit Union products and services.
2. Continuously supports member questions and resolves issues by finding financial solutions to benefit the member and support the financial needs of the Credit Union.
3. Remains flexible and supportive as department needs arise. Treats all employees of the Credit Union with respect, courtesy and an open mind.
4. Understands procedures and regulations within the department.
5. Makes decisions and judgments for difficult situations based on knowledge, experience, integrity and respect. Requires minimal support and supervision.
6. Processes all transactions accurately.
7. Contributes as a team player within the various departments and branches throughout the organization.
8. Continually work to become more proficient and knowledgeable in major areas of Lending Services along with continually looking for efficiencies to help streamline processes for the retail support and the department.
9. Adapts well to change and is passionate about finding new ways to solve business needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position. A significant level of trust and diplomacy are required. Ability to handle extensive personal contact with others which may be of a sensitive nature. Ability to motivate others and make decisions with minimal support. Must be self motivated and detail orientated. Ability to train and provide support to staff.
Other Skills: Data entry, ten key by touch, Word, Xcel, Internet.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and is subject to change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
| Email Job to a Friend!|