Business Systems Analyst (IT Department)
|Sep. 08, 2015 - Jul. 30, 2018|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Provides business application support for core system and business applications used by the various business units. Acts as second tier support for software problems in frontend and backend systems. Performs production activities that include application upgrades and maintenance. Work closely with third-party vendors to ensure problem resolution, or successful software or hardware implementation. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. May require after hours support one week per month.|
Responsible for application configuration in consultation with the business process owners, application patching, and release management of the business application offering at the credit union. Provides customer support for business applications as well as for complex technical systems and performs configuration changes to production applications for company employees. Works with business process owners to solve business problems using available applications.
Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
|Duties:||Major Duties and Responsibilities|
• Will be an internal subject matter expert on the deployed technology solutions to facilitate business process changes and re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiency.
Utilizes Development Life Cycle practices and adheres to established processes and documentation delivery for the analysis, design, testing and implementation of new/modified computer applications.
• Provides primary interface with vendor partners to evaluate, implement, address, and coordinate new releases, patches, regulatory compliance and serves as the point of escalation during outages or periods of degraded software performance.
• Is the point of contact for business units in solving routine software and usability problems. • Adheres to the change management process for all changes made to system components by creating specifications in a manner that allows for notification to affected parties and recovery from the change in the event it is necessary.
• Responsible for documenting procedures for deployment of products in a manner such that future deployments and redeployments are repeatable with a high degree of success.
• Executes and facilitates periodic testing and implementation of contingency plans to ensure availability of applications in case of system failure.
• Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of applications to training programs, support documentation, and operating procedures.
Provides superior customer service while managing relationships with end users, business area leaders, partners and vendors to ensure deliverables exceed expectations.
• Able to execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations.
• Working knowledge and understanding of financial institution operation and business processes including technology solutions used in financial institution operations.
• Excellent communication/influence skills required, including reports; presentations; group facilitation skills; ability to develop professional relationships.
• Proven ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships.
• Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
• Knowledge and compliance of Financial Institution regulatory requirements.
• Stays current with emerging technology trends.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: 5 or more years of experience in supporting business applications environments within a financial institution environment.
Experience with SQL and preferred experience with Data Warehousing
Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Scope of work will include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives requiring extreme confidentiality. Communication may involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
Additional skills preferred but not required:
• Direct experience with, or oversight of, SQL relational databases
• Prefer experience with Raddon MCIF
• Prefer experience with Jack Henry technologies, specifically Episys, Synapsys, Synergy, and Image Teller Capture.
Prefer experience with MeridianLink OpeningAct and LoansPQ
| Email Job to a Friend!|