Account Services Specialist II
|Nov. 02, 2015 - Oct. 01, 2018|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Account Services Specialist II Role:|
The staff within the Operations Department provides knowledgeable and timely support to the credit union team. We take initiative to make improvements to operational procedures and processes to enhance the work environment and member experience. The Operations Department staff supports and administers Account Services, Card Services, Payment Services and Document Management. Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Under direct supervision, provides centralized member service to the credit union branches by answering questions from branch employees and other team members who call into Account Services. Serves as a resource to branch employees by responding to basic questions and conducting research about products, services, operational policies/procedures, and transactions.
· Performs more complex levels of account maintenance. Provides account maintenance as it applies to general membership, employee accounts and complex accounts.
· Opens and closes accounts including general membership, employee and internal corporate accounts.
· Requires basic knowledge regarding IRA and HSA products, rules and regulations, including contribution rules, federal tax withholding and reporting. Proficient in completing basic IRA and HSA transactions. Capable of providing centralized IRA and HSA support to the credit union branches and membership with limited supervision.
· Ensures daily processes are accurately completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to; Verification of Deposits, Safe Deposit Box exceptions, SSA submissions, Online Account Opening queues, daily mail requests.
· Requires basic knowledge of deceased processes, procedures and monitoring requirements.
· Ensures account accuracy, proper storage of member information and adheres to privacy standards as well as other regulatory requirements.
· Complete and finalize all service requests as it relates to Account Services.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Provides knowledgeable, accurate, and personalized service with a positive attitude to all members both internal and external.
2. Remains flexible and supportive as department needs arise. Treats all employees of the Credit Union with respect, courtesy and an open mind.
3. Attains the Certified IRA Specialist Associate (CIS Associate) designation or equivalent education and/or experience.
4. Basic knowledge of procedures and regulations within the department.
5. Makes decisions and judgments for situations based on knowledge, experience, integrity and respect. Requires minimal support and supervision.
6. Processes all transactions with minimal errors and within the prescribed time frame.
7. Contributes as a team player within the various departments and branches throughout the organization.
8. Maintains confidentiality.
9. Continually work to become more proficient and knowledgeable in area of Account Services along with continually looking for efficiencies to help streamline processes and support the department.
10. Adapts well to change and contributes in finding new ways to solve business needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or demonstrated experience within financial institutions.
Interpersonal Skills: Proficient verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position. Must have an ability to deal with sensitive situations and resolve member issues with courtesy, professionalism and tact. Must be detail orientated.
Other Skills: Data entry, ten key by touch, Word, Xcel, Internet.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and is subject to change with or without notice."A candidate’s credit history is one factor in Elevations Credit Union determining qualification for employment. A history of personal financial irresponsibility as demonstrated below may be reason for disqualification. - Profit and loss write-offs (Uncollected debt that is written off by creditor) - Accounts sent to collection
- Public record judgments (Tax liens and public judgments for civil action) Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances such as divorce or a medical crisis that may affect an individual’s credit history. Since credit records are one component of Elevations Credit Union’s hiring process, candidates will not be disqualified solely based on their previous credit history. Any decision to exclude a candidate will only be made after conferring with Human Resources. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. “We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
| Email Job to a Friend!|