Mortgage Support Staff - Flexible (10 hrs per week) On Call
|Jun. 20, 2016 - Dec. 17, 2019|
|Salary Range:||43,000 annual|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving more than 114,000 members along Colorado’s Front Range. Elevations provides a broad portfolio of financial products and services including checking and savings accounts, mortgage loans, credit cards, auto loans, home equity lines of credit, student loans, business loans and financial planning. Founded in 1953 as the U of C Federal Credit Union in Boulder, Elevations has grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution that manages over $1.6 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. Elevations earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and Elevations was named one of the Best Companies to Work for in ColoradoTM in the large category. Readers of local newspapers name Elevations “Best Bank/Financial Institution,” “Best Mortgage Lender” and “Best Customer Service” year after year. To learn more, visit elevationscu.com|
Position Summary: Flex between Mortgage Loan Assistant and Mortgage Operations roles for Set-up, Processing and Closing positions.
Mortgage Loan Assistant Responsibilities - Effectively provides project management, marketing, analytical and administrative support to Mortgage Loan Officers. Adheres to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Responsible for accurate mortgage disclosures being sent to mortgage applicants
• Manages the mortgage loan process from application to funding.
• Provides timely, accurate, and confidential support with minimal supervision.
• Interacts with new and existing members, and staff
• Keeps up-to-date and trained on Loan Origination software, systems, guidelines, and job duties to provide support when needed
Set-Up Responsibilities - Sets up all new mortgage loan applications for processing.
• Acts as primary contact for all initial loan setup questions
• Completes all new loan setups within 24 hours or less of receipt of completed application
• Orders appraisals; acts as Liaison between AMC vendor, Loan Officers and Processors
Processing Responsibilities - To process mortgage loans from applications received from Loan Originators to submitting to underwriting, clearing conditions and obtaining final approval. Assure compliance with regulatory and investor guidelines including, but not limited to, RESPA, HUD, FHA, FNMA/FHLMC guidelines and Customer Service Standards set by Elevations Credit Union.
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency,
• Assume primary responsibility for the loan and proactively communicate with members, internal staff members, realtors, title companies, etc. to respond to inquiries and resolve problems.
• Ensure pricing and fees are accurately reflected on each transaction
• Obtain and review all necessary appraisals, title and tax certificates, credit documents, mortgage insurance, flood and hazard insurance, HOA certificates, subordination agreements and other documents as required.
Closing Responsibilities - Prepares loan documents for closing, orders wires, balances HUD’s, prepares loans for post-closing, and audits files to ensure all documents have been signed correctly.
• Acts as primary contact for all closing questions on mortgage loans
• Completes a minimum of 10 loan documents per day as volume warrants. Loan documents must be completed within 24 hours of loan being logged into closing
• Reviews all HUD’s for accuracy and provides release to title company – all reviews must be completed same day as receipt of the HUD
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements |
• Three to four years of mortgage processing, underwriting, or originating experience. Personal banker, real estate related position, title, real estate assistant,
• Knowledge of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac guidelines, as well as mortgage regulations and compliance. Knowledge of loan processing, credit policies, closing policies, procedures, approval processes, documents, underwriting requirements, governmental and agency requirements, terminology and automated processing systems
• Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Candidate must have an ability to foster positive work relationships with people both inside and outside the organization.
• Detail-oriented. Ability to multi-task and work independently to solve problems. Assist with a wide range of requests from several managers or loan officers. Excellent organizational, communication, and composition skills. Strong ability to develop and manipulate Excel spreadsheets; ability to analyze large volumes of numeric data to report accurate statistics.
• 1st mortgage closing experience in conventional, FHA and VA preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
| Email Job to a Friend!|