Account Servcies Specialist II (3/4 time position)
|Apr. 18, 2016 - Dec. 06, 2019|
|Salary Range:||15.00 - 16.80 hourly|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving more than 114,000 members along Colorado’s Front Range. Elevations provides a broad portfolio of financial products and services including checking and savings accounts, mortgage loans, credit cards, auto loans, home equity lines of credit, student loans, business loans and financial planning. Founded in 1953 as the U of C Federal Credit Union in Boulder, Elevations has grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution that manages over $1.6 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. Elevations earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and Elevations was named one of the Best Companies to Work for in ColoradoTM in the large category. Readers of local newspapers name Elevations “Best Bank/Financial Institution,” “Best Mortgage Lender” and “Best Customer Service” year after year. To learn more, visit elevationscu.com.|
Position Summary: The staff within the Operations Department provides knowledgeable and timely support to the credit union team while adhering to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act. The Operations Department takes initiative to make improvements to operational procedures and processes to enhance the work environment and member experience.
• Under direct supervision, provides centralized member service to the credit union branches by answering questions from branch employees and other team members who call into Account Services. Serves as a resource to branch employees by responding to basic questions and conducting research about products, services, operational policies/procedures, and transactions.
• Performs more complex levels of account maintenance. Provides account maintenance as it applies to general membership, employee accounts and complex accounts.
• Opens and closes accounts including general membership, employee and internal corporate accounts.
• Requires basic knowledge regarding IRA and HSA products, rules and regulations, including contribution rules, federal tax withholding and reporting. Proficient in completing basic IRA and HSA transactions. Capable of providing centralized IRA and HSA support to the credit union branches and membership with limited supervision.
• Ensures daily processes are accurately completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to; Verification of Deposits, Safe Deposit Box exceptions, SSA submissions, Online Account Opening queues, daily mail requests.
• Requires basic knowledge of deceased processes, procedures and monitoring requirements.
• Ensures account accuracy, proper storage of member information and adheres to privacy standards as well as other regulatory requirements.
• Complete and finalize all service requests as it relates to Account Services.
Education Requirements: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or demonstrated experience within financial institutions.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Two to five years of similar or related experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Must have an ability to deal with sensitive situations and resolve member issues with courtesy, professionalism and tact. Must be detail oriented.
• Data entry, ten key by touch, Word, Excel, Internet.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
| Email Job to a Friend!|