Mortgage Underwriter - FHA
|Aug. 29, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019|
|Salary Range:||56,000 - 70,000|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving more than 114,000 members along Colorado’s Front Range. Elevations provides a broad portfolio of financial products and services including checking and savings accounts, mortgage loans, credit cards, auto loans, home equity lines of credit, student loans, business loans and financial planning. Founded in 1953 as the U of C Federal Credit Union in Boulder, Elevations has grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution that manages over $1.6 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. Elevations earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and Elevations was named one of the Best Companies to Work for in ColoradoTM in the large category. Readers of local newspapers name Elevations “Best Bank/Financial Institution,” “Best Mortgage Lender” and “Best Customer Service” year after year. To learn more, visit elevationscu.com.|
Position Summary: Mortgage Underwriter underwrites all mortgage loan requests to be compliant with secondary market guidelines and internal policies set by credit union. Responsibilities include:
• Reviews loan documentation provided by Loan Originators and Loan Processors and coordinates attainment of missing information and documentation
• Verifies accuracy of loan data
• Underwrites loans in compliance with FHA/VA standards-minimum three years experience.
• Underwrites loans in compliance with FNMA/FHLMC standards and Elevations portfolio guidelines
• Communicates loan decisions and additional requirements to Loan Originators and Processors
• Updates staff regarding new regulations and compliance
• Prepares and executes periodic internal training on various underwriting issues
• Conducts pipeline reporting and management
• Answers questions from staff and reviews special scenarios with loan originators
• Meets with loan committee to review risk on heightened and exception loans/ risk loans
• Works with Credit Risk to determine acceptable guidelines for loan programs
|Qualifications:||Education Requirements: College degree preferred; Structured external or internal training in mortgage underwriting|
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• 5+ years’ experience in processing, underwriting and quality control reviews in residential mortgages
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience with FNMA Desktop Underwriter, FHLMC Loan Prospector, LOS information systems and Pipeline processing systems
• Sales experience or Secondary Market knowledge helpful
Required Competencies: Planning & Organizing, Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills, Quality Orientation, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Decision Making, Managing Work, Adaptability
Potential Career Paths: Go to UltiPro> My Company> Company Info> Career and Compensation Information
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
| Email Job to a Friend!|