Mortgage Loan Assistant Manager
|Aug. 12, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Position Summary: |
As a member of the Mortgage Leadership team reporting directly to the VP of Mortgage, the Mortgage Sales LOA Manager leads, coordinates and directs the daily management of residential mortgage originator assistants. This fast paced leadership position will establish and monitor team goals to achieve production objectives, recruit and train top originator assistants, as well as recommend and/or make decisions in personnel-related matters. Ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics and adherence with all Federal and State compliance policies.
• Coaching and managing high performance LOA team members to achieve their highest potential
• Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility in the marketplace, along with developing relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and other business referral sources.
• Continuing knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements.
• Established proficiency of understanding in real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions.
• Availability to assist members and team on evenings and weekends.
• Maintaining and supporting Elevations strong values/culture.
• Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union.
• Lead by example to an extremely high producing team.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but equivalent work experience will be considered
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Four+ years of a leadership or management specific to the mortgage profession.
• Knowledge of multiple LOS systems
• Demonstrated ability to direct the work of their team and internal partners, including setting and monitoring of goals, implementing policies and procedures.
• Prior management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively train and develop employees.
• Knowledge of industry products, policies and procedures, underwriting requirements, conventional and governmental loan requirements, operations, and compliance regulations.
• Informed on market and competitor developments
Required Competencies: Delegating Responsibility, Communication, Driving for Results, Gaining Commitment
Aligning Performance for Success, Planning and Organizing, Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Leading Through Vision and Values, Coaching
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
| Email Job to a Friend!|