Sr Consumer Loan/Mortgage Underwriter
|Oct. 04, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Position Summary: |
The Senior Consumer Loan/Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to all staff. Maintains a professional attitude and takes personal ownership of resolving problems and creating financial solutions. Responsible for creating consistency in lending decisions through coaching, reviewing loans, development/implementation of lending policies and procedures, and training as necessary to accomplish organizational lending goals. This position must demonstrate a strong commitment to increasing member value and achieving organizational goals through coaching co-workers, member education, service, and sales. Ensures credit process, policies, and activities fall within the parameters of Federal, State, and Elevations Credit Union’s policies and standards. Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union.
• Assists co-workers with developing sound credit decisions based on policy and procedure, and offering financial solutions to the membership
• Monitors and responds to various incoming loan queues on a continuous and timely manner
• Decisions loan approvals/denials according to agreed upon Service Level Agreements and in compliance with standards set by regulatory agencies, investors, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
• Assists the management team in creating, supporting, and promoting Credit Union policies, objectives and programs
MORTGAGE (This position will also assist as time allows with underwriting mortgage loan requests to be compliant with secondary market guidelines and internal policies set by credit union.)
• Reviews loan documentation provided by Loan Originators and Loan Processors and coordinates attainment of missing information and documentation
• Verifies accuracy of loan data
• Underwrites and decisions loans in compliance with FNMA/FHLMC standards and Elevations portfolio guidelines
• Communicates loan decisions and additional requirements to Loan Originators and Processors
Education Requirements: Equivalent to a two-year college degree, completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or equivalent work experience required. Structured external or internal training in mortgage underwriting.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Minimum of three years loan underwriting experience required
• Minimum of five years lending experience required; knowledge of consumer lending practice laws and regulations
• Advanced knowledge of lending operations and processes required
• In-depth credit, product, and appraisal knowledge
• Experience with FNMA Desktop Underwriter, FHLMC Loan Prospector, LOS information systems and Pipeline processing systems
Managing Work (includes Time Management), Work Standards, Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills, Decision Making, Adaptability, Energy, Building Customer Loyalty, Contributing to Team Success
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
| Email Job to a Friend!|