|Oct. 04, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:|| This position is responsible for the leadership, direction, coaching, and counseling of the mortgage loan underwriting team. Responsible for creating consistency in underwriting decisions through coaching, reviewing loans, development/implementation of underwriting guidelines, lending policies and procedures, and training as necessary to accomplish organizational lending goals. This position must demonstrate a strong commitment to increase member value and achieve goals through coaching of co-workers, loan officers, processors, and closers, member education, service, and sales. Underwrites first mortgage loan requests for compliance with secondary market guidelines, including but not limited to, FNMA/FHLMC, secondary market buyers and FHA/VA, as well as internal portfolio products within policies set by the Credit Union. Actively participates in Mortgage and Business Loan Committees. Ensures credit process, policies, and activities fall within the parameters of Federal, State, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, secondary market investor, and Elevations Credit Union’s policies and standards. Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union. |
• Develops and manages the mortgage underwriting program to ensure the loan portfolio is in compliance with standards set by regulatory agencies, investors, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
• Makes sound decisions regarding members’ accounts to benefit both the Credit Union and membership.
• Prepares detailed reports of quality performance and trends, and ensures adherence to internal service standards
• Actively participates in Mortgage and Business Loan Committee meetings, including review of commercial credit memorandums and providing decision recommendations.
• Assists Lending (consumer and mortgage) and Loss Mitigation departments to correct deficiencies discovered in reviews and examinations.
• Ensures the loan portfolio is in compliance with standards set by regulatory agencies, investors, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
• Reviews loan documentation provided by Loan Originators and Loan Processors. Ensures loan files conform to Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector findings, as well as secondary market investor requirements.
• Underwrites all employee loan requests while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality.
• Provide updates and training to staff regarding regulation and compliance updates on a regular basis.
• Assists co-workers with interviewing loan applicants, developing sound credit decisions based on policy and procedure, and offering financial solutions to the membership.
• Assists with maintenance, testing, and implementing new changes to the structure of system applications.
• He/She is responsible for meeting performance metrics in cycle time, team productivity, and quality results
Education Requirements: College degree or equivalent work experience required
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Minimum three years supervisory experience required
• Minimum five years mortgage loan underwriting experience required (FHA certification a plus)
• In-depth credit, product, income tax analysis, and appraisal knowledge
• Experience with FNMA DU, FHLMC LP, and LOS information systems and pipeline processing systems
Required Competencies: Quality Orientation, Decision Making, Planning and Organization, Communication, Building a Successful Team, Driving for Results, Coaching, Building Partnerships
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
| Email Job to a Friend!|