Social Media and PR Manager
|Oct. 17, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019|
|Salary Range:||52k - 65k |
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
The Social Media & Content Marketing Specialist serves as a steward of the credit union by monitoring and contributing to online and offline dialog about Elevations and developing and monitoring ongoing business opportunities. Responsible for building and identifying opportunities to further engage with our membership and communities by coordinating consistent messages via traditional PR and non-traditional Social Media channels. Directs and guides execution of social marketing strategy through campaigns and ongoing social management.
Key responsibilities include:
• Writes and manages Elevations’ advocacy content across online and offline channels, including social media posts, press releases, byline articles, blog/vlog posts, infographics, videos, photos, whitepapers, ensuring branding is accurate and consistent across channels
• Works with internal and external/agency resources to develop annual strategy, plan and campaigns to achieve social media and PR goals for the year, including awareness/community building, engagement/education and advocacy
• Develops a deep understanding of our offerings and create sophisticated brand “voices” for our member, non-member, community, industry and philanthropic audiences
• Curates content, develops content calendars and contributes to community management for the Elevations brand on social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, Yelp, and LinkedIn
• Develops and manages social media advertising on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and other platforms
• Develops and manages Elevations’ blog, vlog, and additional outlets
• Translates major marketing messaging into creative social content, with special focus on video
• Manages traditional PR activities when appropriate, including media relations in Denver metro
• Coordinates the voice of Elevations’ Subject Matter Experts across a variety of media
• Monitors member and prospect feedback and dialog within online and offline communities
• Hands off issues that emerge online to appropriate people/departments for resolution or follow-up
• Manages and/or conducts outreach to members (and potential members) within online and offline communities, creating advocacy and dialog on behalf of Elevations
• Monitors and reports out on digital chatter in the financial world for insight into the member experience
• Manages relationships with third party vendors (e.g. PR and/or social media agencies) from a content and results perspective
• Partners with SEO and web teams to maximize content value
Education Requirements:Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or English
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
•4+ years’ hands-on Social Media or PR experience, agency experience a plus
•Sophisticated writing skills, exhibiting extreme accuracy, eloquence and attention to detail
•Deep understanding of how to influence an audience using tone, messaging and delivery
•Hands-on video production and/or still photography experience a plus
•Ability to write a traditional press release and distribute and pitch to appropriate media contacts
•Understanding of SEO best practices
•Expertise with content publishing platforms including Word Press, social media, newswires, video hosting
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
| Email Job to a Friend!|