Help Desk Support Specialist
|Nov. 15, 2016 - Dec. 30, 2019|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
Provide timely technical support for end users on a variety of issues. Respond to requests for assistance in person, via phone, or electronically. Follow help desk procedures, log all interactions, and provide just-in-time training when needed. Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide first line support for problems with computer hardware, software, and network issues via phone, e-mail or in person, and route them to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner
• Provides superior customer service while managing relationships with end users, business area leaders, partners, and vendors throughout the Credit Union environment.
• Accurately input, manage and process support requests in the Help Desk application
• Report on the overall metrics of the IT Help Desk so that recurring problems can be identified and permanently resolved.
• Escalate unresolved issues, including all relevant details, to appropriate individuals
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude with end users
• Liaise with different stakeholders supporting the technology, including other IT staff, 3rd party support and equipment vendors
• Proactively monitor key components of the IT infrastructure.
• Provide escalation to support personnel when components of the IT Infrastructure are inoperable.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey information in a user-friendly language
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment
• Keen attention to detail
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a technical support role
Education: Minimum 2 year degree in Computer science or equivalent.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Scope of work will include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives requiring extreme confidentiality. Communication may involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, VoIP technology, and business relevant hardware and software
• Requires support on weekends on a rotational basis
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and may change with or without notice.
"A candidate’s credit history is one factor in Elevations Credit Union determining qualification for employment. A history of personal financial irresponsibility as demonstrated below may be reason for disqualification. - Profit and loss write-offs (Uncollected debt that is written off by creditor) - Accounts sent to collection - Public record judgments (Tax liens and public judgments for civil action)
Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances such as divorce or a medical crisis that may affect an individual’s credit history. Since credit records are one component of Elevations Credit Union’s hiring process, candidates will not be disqualified solely based on their previous credit history. Any decision to exclude a candidate will only be made after conferring with Human Resources. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. " We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
| Email Job to a Friend!|