Account Services Specialist
|Nov. 29, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Position Summary: The staff within the Operations Department provides knowledgeable and timely support to the credit union team while adhering to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act. The Operations Department takes initiative to make improvements to operational procedures and processes to enhance the work environment and member experience. |
• Under direct supervision, provides centralized member service to the credit union branches by answering questions from branch employees and other team members who call into Account Services. Serves as a resource to branch employees by responding to basic questions and conducting research about products, services, operational policies/procedures, and transactions.
• Performs more complex levels of account maintenance. Provides account maintenance as it applies to general membership, employee accounts and complex accounts.
• Opens and closes accounts including general membership, employee and internal corporate accounts.
• Requires basic knowledge regarding IRA and HSA products, rules and regulations, including contribution rules, federal tax withholding and reporting. Proficient in completing basic IRA and HSA transactions. Capable of providing centralized IRA and HSA support to the credit union branches and membership with limited supervision.
• Ensures daily processes are accurately completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to; Verification of Deposits, Safe Deposit Box exceptions, SSA submissions, Online Account Opening queues, daily mail requests.
• Requires basic knowledge of deceased processes, procedures and monitoring requirements.
• Ensures account accuracy, proper storage of member information and adheres to privacy standards as well as other regulatory requirements.
• Complete and finalize all service requests as it relates to Account Services.
Education Requirements: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or demonstrated experience within financial institutions.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Two to five years of similar or related experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Must have an ability to deal with sensitive situations and resolve member issues with courtesy, professionalism and tact. Must be detail oriented.
• Data entry, ten key by touch, Word, Excel, Internet.
Required Competencies: Communication, Managing Work (includes Time Management), Applied Learning, Decision Making, Work Standards, Collaboration, Building Customer Loyalty, Innovation, Adaptability
Potential Career Paths: Go to UltiPro> My Company> Company Info> Career and Compensation Information
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
| Email Job to a Friend!|