Card Services Specialist
|Feb. 23, 2017 - Feb. 23, 2020|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Card Specialist I Role:|
The staff within the Operations Department provides knowledgeable and timely support to the credit union team. We take initiative to make improvements to operational procedures and processes to enhance the work environment and member experience. The Operations Department staff supports and administers Account Services, Payment Services, Card Services and Document Management. Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and regulations governing applicable to the Card Services Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
∑ Primary function is to accurately complete all card maintenance requests for internal and external members. Receive and process member card transactions/maintenance including provisional credit, Visa advances, blocking cards, ordering/reordering cards and travel exclusions. Complete all daily, monthly and quarterly reports.
∑ Assists the Card Services team to provide centralized member service to the credit union branches and membership. Serves as a resource to Card Services team with research and resolution of problems as it relates to Card Services.
∑ Performs basic file maintenance on membersí accounts on a regular basis. Research and resolve any discrepancies regarding membersí card accounts.
∑ Assists with the completion and finalizing service events as it relates to Card Services department.
∑ Ensures account accuracy, proper storage of member information and adheres to privacy standards and other regulatory requirements.
∑ Provides support including but not limited to: written correspondence, letters, data gathering, reports, and filing.
∑ Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Provides support to Card Services and Operations department with a basic understanding of products and services in order to enhance member value.
2. Provides knowledgeable, accurate, professional and personalized service with a positive attitude to all members, internal and external.
3. Remains flexible and supportive as department needs arise. Treats all employees of the Credit Union with respect, courtesy and an open mind.
4. Acts as a team player within the various departments and branches throughout the organization.
5. Understands process and procedures within the department.
6. Understands the basics of Visa and COOP FS Operating Rules and Regulations as it pertains to disputes and fraud.
7. Completes work within the prescribed time frame, with minimal errors.
8. Exhibits sound decision-making and judgment on fundamental transactions, relying on support staff for complex situations.
9. Continually works to become more proficient and knowledgeable within in the department.
10. Adapts well to change and is passionate about finding new ways to solve business needs.
11. Maintains confidentiality.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a high school education.
Interpersonal Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills; Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy; Ability to deal with many sensitive situations while maintain a professional demeanor; Attention to detail.
Other Skills: Data entry, ten key calculator by touch, Word, Xcel, Internet.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
| Email Job to a Friend!|