HR Business Partner
|Mar. 14, 2017 - Mar. 14, 2020|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 11 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $1.7 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information. |
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
• Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
• Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
• Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
• Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What you will be doing:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and leaders in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to leadership on human resource-related issues, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicates proactively, and seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the organization to deliver value-added service to leaders and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Serves as a coach/educator to leaders for complex employee relations and legal issues, including corrective action. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations, resolves employee complaints, and conducts separations when necessary.
• Provides consultative guidance and coaching to leaders in order to enhance their people and performance management skills.
• Partners with employees and leadership to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Works closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Supports and facilitates organizational change by seeking and developing ways for the teams to be most effective.
• Champions organization’s culture and employee engagement development initiatives.
• Monitors documentation used to evaluate, correct and enhance job performance and other workplace behaviors, assuring overall fairness and consistency with established organization policies and federal/state laws.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Facilitates annual and on-going HR-related training.
• Conducts stay and exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the leadership team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants when needed.
• Continually assess programs and actively ensures the organization is up to date and current with industry best practices.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
What you need for this position:
• Minimum of 5 years’ HR work experience resolving complex employee relations issues, serving as a tactical and strategic HRBP in multiple human resource disciplines, including organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws, talent acquisition, and diversity.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in business, Human Resources or related field) preferred.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
• Experience in Financial Services or Banking preferred.
• Ability to maintain an effective level of business literacy about the organization and assigned business units.
• Ability to develop and leverage relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
• Ability to use appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict and facilitate agreement.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
• 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
• Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
• Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
• Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
• Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
• Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
• We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
AAP/EEO Statement: Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
| Email Job to a Friend!|