Business Intelligence Developer
|Jul. 12, 2017 - Mar. 14, 2020|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:|
Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
|Duties:||What you will be doing:|
Plans, designs, and develops Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that enhance analytics and reporting capabilities. Translates requirements into solutions; creates, maintains and supports BI solutions and reporting structures. Works throughout project lifecycle, from scoping to final delivery, to ensure that solutions are properly scoped, designed, implemented, and tested to meet business needs. Improves business effectiveness leveraging information across the enterprise. Creates and maintains (full software development lifecycle) BI solutions in a learning organization that values process improvement. General understanding of the full architecture stack; ability to communicate effectively on a variety of IT topics.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Internal subject matter expert on IT solutions; develops, designs, and maintains enterprise data warehouse
- Supports BI solutions; performs triage on incidents, troubleshoots issues, and resolves incidents while communicating with stakeholders.
- Designs, develops, and maintains enterprise data warehouse; integrates BI solutions within enterprise data warehouse.
- Performs planned maintenance (e.g., application upgrades, releases, enhancements, service packs, etc.) on BI solutions and underlying infrastructure.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure successful software or hardware implementation and support.
- Provides superior customer service while managing relationships with end users, business leaders, and others to ensure service delivery exceeds expectations.
- Utilizes sound development life cycle practices, adheres to established processes, and documents delivery of application solutions (including business analysis, design, testing, implementation, support, and decommissioning). Performs changes according to process, teamwork, and best practices for IT Change Management. Documents change, facilitates architecture review, plans and schedules change, coordinates with stakeholders, conducts testing, ensures training needs are addressed, and plans for roll-back in the event that roll-back is needed.
- Follows best practices and guidelines to support best-of-breed dashboards, metrics, scorecards, and reporting solutions providing a high level of customer service to internal clients with an emphasis on partnership and collaboration. Implements and supports data warehouse architecture.
- Ensures that adequate security procedures are developed and followed, to protect Elevations from potential loss and ensures the confidentiality of the information is maintained by the system.
- Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of applications to training programs, support processes, and operating procedures.
- Supervision – Works as a self-starter with moderate supervision within standard operating procedures.
- On-Call Support – Typically requires after-hours on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Project Management – Able to execute multiple projects within required timelines and expectations.
- Relationship Management – Good communication, influence, and relationship management skills required.
- Analysis – Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Security – Ensures that security is maintained and not compromised (to include attacks, unauthorized access, and confidentiality of data).
- IT Knowledge – Stays current with emerging technology trends.
|Qualifications:||What you need for this position:|
Education Requirements: 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience; B.S., Computer Science or equivalent
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 5-8 years of related experience, with financial institution experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with T-SQL, MDX, SQL Server, Reporting Services, Analysis Services
- Expertise with database and data warehouse designs, data modeling, data performance tuning, data integration.
- Expertise with SQL Server Integration Services, Stores Procedures, Views, and Extract Transform and Load processes
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, including the ability to design, develop, and integrate data sources to support reports using SQL Server or Analysis Services data sources
- Expertise with multi-dimensional databases with the ability to create calculated members and key performance indicators (KPIs); must possess a working knowledge of MDX
- Knowledge and applied documentation experience with a variety of industry concepts, methodologies, and frameworks within data warehouse and business intelligence field including requirements, architecture, and design documentation
- Preferred – familiar with Data Quality, Metadata Management, and Master Data Management concepts and practices.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Scope of work will include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives requiring extreme confidentiality. Communication may involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
- Prefer 3 or more years project management experience in an iterative project management methodology.
| Email Job to a Friend!|