Director of Enterprise Risk Management
|Mar. 21, 2018 - May. 21, 2020|
|Benefits:||Competitive Compensation Package|
|Department:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Position Summary/Objective: |
Directs Enterprise Risk Management teams and programs that identify, analyze, mitigate and report the operational risk of the organization, ensuring alignment with strategic and operational goals and objectives. Key programs include Enterprise Risk Management, Enterprise Fraud, Internal Audit, and Regulatory Compliance.
|Duties:||Essential Functions include:|
• Partner throughout the organization to identify and anticipate operational risks and develop mitigation strategies.
• Develop and maintain operational risk analysis and monitoring tools to be utilized by the enterprise.
• In partnership with senior management, determine and monitor the risk appetite.
• Oversee enterprise risk management metrics and reporting to the Risk Oversight Committee, Supervisory Committee, and Board of Directors.
• Participate as risk management subject matter expert on various committees including Risk Oversight, Asset Liability Management, Pricing, and Secondary Markets.
• Participate in executive management operational rhythm and planning activities.
• Act as liaison to regulators and Supervisory Committee, reporting state of organization’s control environment.
|Qualifications:||Required Education and Experience: |
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Professional certification or credential in risk, compliance, or audit
• Formal leadership training
• A combined 10+ years’ experience in operational risk management, audit or operations management in financial institutions
• 5+ years’ experience in a management role within risk management
• Analytical problem solver with the ability to quickly grasp business issues and develop solid solutions
• Ability to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations
• Ability to effectively strategize and lead technical and analytical teams.
• Knowledge of financial institution operational processes
• Understanding of regulations issued by the NCUA and the Colorado State Division of Financial Services.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• One of the following designations preferred: CERA, CPA, CIA, CFA, CISA
• Project management experience preferred
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $1.7 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
AAP/EEO Statement: Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
| Email Job to a Friend!|